The ‘ask and use of funds’ slide is a chance to shine as a founder. Do not waste it.
There’s one slide that nearly each founder will get flawed when they’re placing collectively a pitch deck to boost cash from enterprise capitalists. The slide is normally often known as “the ask,” and it usually lives towards the top of the pitch deck.
It’s meant to do one thing fairly simple: Clarify how a lot cash a startup is elevating and for what. It shouldn’t be rocket science, but it surely’s nearly universally a wrestle to get proper.
Listed below are the commonest errors:
- Forgetting to incorporate the slide altogether.
- Not naming a particular greenback quantity you might be elevating.
- Together with a valuation on the slide.
- Omitting what the funds will probably be used for.
- Itemizing a particular runway, i.e., “This may maintain us operating for 18 to 24 months.”
Let’s discover intimately why these errors are so detrimental to your fundraising course of and how one can finest embody these factors in your deck.